Thursday, April 9, 2009

Introduction


I am a biologist and have been an academician over a period of 40 years  teaching and researching in the biological sciences. Over the years, I have been interested in alternative medicine, especially the herbal treatment of common ailments and more recently homeopathy. Due to my keen interest, I have been reading in these fields over many years. Lately, I have had a strong desire to utilize my experience into writing articles on the use of herbs in health care and make it available to my family, friends and community. I think the best way to do this is through my own blog so that it is available to all. My son, Asad Jafri, has been very helpful in this regard and he himself is a great fan of herbs and their use in health care. We exchange lots of ideas and learn from each other.

For thousands of years around the world, herbs have been used to maintain health and cure common ailments much cheaper than allopathic medicine as well as without side effects. Modern research has proven health-benefiting properties of herbs when used properly. I encourage use of alternative medicine in daily life to maintain our health. It is a good idea to keep in touch with your Physician and keep him or her informed about what you are using. Here is a sample of herbal cures that you will find in my future articles:

Ginger

Reduces arthritis symptoms, eliminates nausea, remedy for various types of upset stomach.

Garlic

Helps to lower blood pressure and blood lipids helps fight infections, excellent digestive aid.

Milk Thistle

Rejuvenates the liver, increase production of bile

Turmeric

Helps prevent gall bladder disease, relieves symptoms of arthritis, may prevent cancer.

Dandelion

Helps in water and salt balance, decrease high blood pressure, protects against liver and gallbladder ailments.


I plan to post articles on various healthful herbs quite often. Please read it at your pleasure and make comments as you wish. 

Ali M. Jafri, Ph.D.

4 comments:

  1. Looking forward to being a regular reader. Congrats on the blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loving the blog!! Waiting for your next post and helpful advice and information on keeping up with our health. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a valuable addition to the few sites I visit frequently. The layout and the content, are both impressive. Looking forward to your future updates !

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a great and invaluable attempt of making the potential of several herbs available to the community at one place, making the community aware and concious of the beneficial and medicinal effects of herbs by Professor Jafri. He deserves mention.

    ReplyDelete